Hunter Valley Stays is committed to making a positive difference in the communities in which we live and work. We do this by supporting charities, local businesses and local activities that make a difference. We have a commitment to Environmental Sustainability through use of environmentally friendly products and our endeavors to reduce the carbon footprint in our properties.
Hunter Valley Stays shares in this vision and is proud to support a number of childrens charities including Children’s Cancer Institute Australia CCIA, The Grace Centre for Newborn Care which is the Children’s Hospital at Westmead’s Newborn Intensive Care Unit, and Cerebral Palsy Alliance Research Foundation for research into the prevention of cerebral palsy in children as our Charity Partners.
CCIA is the only independent medical research institute in Australia dedicated to research into the causes, prevention, better treatments and ultimately a cure for childhood cancer.
The Grace Centre for Newborn Care serves about 600 babies a year who need complex surgery around the time of birth. The Centre consists of a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), a High Dependency Unit and a Developmental Follow-up Clinic.
Cerebral Palsy Alliance is an Australian nonprofit organisation that provides therapies, life skills programs, equipment and support for children and adults living with cerebral palsy and their families
Hunter Valley Stays support a number of local community activities including:
Endeavour Industries Ltd – Endeavour Industries is a community based not-for-profit organisation that exists to provide a range of services to assist people living with disabilities. Endeavour aims to provide the widest possible range of services to support people living with disabilities in our community.
- We are doing our part to contribute to environmental sustainability. Some of our initiatives include:
- Migrating properties to LED lighting to reduce electricity consumption.
- Housekeeping use environmentally friendly chemicals where possible.
- We buy in bulk to reduce packaging.
- Our properties use on site aerated wastewater treatment systems producing safe clean water for irrigation.
- We are striving towards a paperless office.
- We encourage recycling at all our properties including food scraps for animals where applicable.